About Under the Nile's Product Care
Please be sure to always follow the instructions on the care label tag of each item.
Because our products are made from 100% organic Egyptian cotton, we don't use any kind of chemical finishing that prevents shrinkage. When you first receive your items, they might look a little big. That's because we build extra room to allow for the garment to shrink after the first washing to ensure the best fit for your baby. We also allow extra diaper room for cloth diapers.
- Average shrinkage rate for our items is 6%
The Best Detergents for Organic Cotton
Please care for your Under the Nile products as well as our planet by using biodegradable detergents that do not contain phosphates, chlorine, or petroleum-based surfactants.
Cleaning Under the Nile Clothing
Please follow the care instructions on the garment you are going to wash. Our clothing and accessories typically have the following care instructions:
- Machine wash warm with like colors
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry low
- Warm iron
Cleaning Under the Nile ToysUnlike other toys on the market, our toys are both made and stuffed with 100% organic Egyptian cotton. Because of this, it is very important that you do not soak the toys and leave them out to air dry. Toys should always be thoroughly dried in the dryer before taking them out and giving to your child for play.
- Our toys should not be immersed in water and left out to air-dry (do not soak)
- Machine-wash and machine-dry
- Dry thoroughly in a machine dryer to ensure that the organic cotton inside does not remain wet (if left wet, this may allow mold to grow)
- To dry your toy faster, put a bath towel in the dryer along with the toy
Spot cleaningThe only time you spot clean an Under the Nile toy is if it says 'spot clean' on the hangtag. Spot clean directions are for our larger toys that cannot be machine-washed. Some toys that require spot cleaning are the Jack and Jill Dress Up Dolls.
- Do not immerse (do not soak) the toy in water. Take a damp cloth with a bit of mild detergent to wash away the spot that needs cleaning
Cleaning Under the Nile Blankets
Our king, queen, twin and crib Blankets are made with a brushed organic Egyptian cotton. After the first washing the fabric will have a "Sherpa" like effect. We recommend using a tennis ball or dryer balls for efficient drying.
Read on about: