Christmas is almost here! This can often be a frantic time for parents who are busy checking their list and trying to pack in as many memories as humanly possible. However - the best memories are created when we slow down, gather everyone together and enjoy all of the wonderful people we have in our life. We decided to curate a list of 10 last-minute family friendly Christmas activities that will help you slow down and enjoy this season a little more.
1. Host a Family Movie Night - This year, gather your friends and family for a fun holiday movie night party. Grab your favorite holiday movies, put on holiday pajamas, make some popcorn and enjoy some quality time before or during the busy holiday.
2. Stage a Holiday Portrait - The holidays are a great time to capture your growing family. Set up a holiday scene in your own home and dress your family to match the part. Create a holiday portrait that you can remember forever.
3. Make paper snowflakes - Paper snowflakes are a simple craft for kids of all ages. Gather your supplies and spend an evening creating paper snowflakes to decorate the windows of your home.
4. Holiday Reading Night - There are tons of great holiday storybooks for children. Pick up a few great holiday books to share with your little ones. Spend an evening curled up reading your new books and reflecting on the season ahead.
5. Festival of Lights - Take a drive through your local neighborhood and host your own festival of lights. Let your kids vote on who has the best holiday lights display and pack plenty of hot chocolate and treats for the ride.
6. Decorate a Gingerbread House - Nothing is more fun than decorating your own gingerbread house for the holidays. You can purchase a premade house or create your own. Gather all of the frosting, sprinkles and candy pieces you can find to have a night of creative togetherness.
7. Sing Christmas Carols - Going door-to-door caroling can be a bit intimidating for most people. Instead, you can stop by a few of your close friends and family to share some holiday joy. Let your kids pick the songs and get everyone involved for a little extra cheer.
8. Make Holiday Cards - Make your kids part of the holiday gifting fun! Gather all of your craft supplies and spend time creating handmade holiday cards for your close friends and family. Help your kids write special notes to make them extra special.
9. Write a Letter to Santa - Sit down and help your kid craft a letter to Santa. Make sure they include some details about how they are celebrating, what they are looking forward to, and reflect on the past year. These letters will be a great keepsake for years ahead.
10. Give Back to the Community - There are lots of creative ways to give back during the holiday season! Volunteer at the local soup kitchen, donate to toy-for-tots or offer to ring the bell for the Salvation Army. This is a great way to remind kids of the importance of giving back.
How you you celebrating the holiday season? What are some of your favorite family friendly Christmas activities or fun holiday traditions? Leave them here in the comments.