Under the Nile is Certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
Our certified organic label is your guarantee that our products have been produced according to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) guidelines.
- GOTS is recognized as the leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibers worldwide.
- It defines high level environmental criteria along the entire supply chain of organic textiles and requires compliance with social criteria as well.
- Under the Nile has two certifications: one for our manufacturing process, and one for our distribution.
- All Under the Nile hangtags feature the GOTS logo.
- The criteria and guidelines for GOTS can be found here: www.global-standard.org
We use authentic Egyptian Cotton
- Our cotton fibers have been DNA tested to be verified as authentic Egyptian Cotton
- We are the first baby clothing company in the world to carry this Gold Seal of Egyptian Cotton
- We are the only baby clothing company to offer this level of premium, certified organic and certified Egyptian cotton
All Under the Nile products are Fair Traded.
- We exemplify fair trade principles, practicing ethical treatment towards all those involved in the entire production chain.
- A fair price is paid to all workers, from cotton growers to weavers.
- Our partnership with Sekem Farm ensures that all of our employees work in a comfortable environment that includes open space, sufficient light and fresh air, exercise activities and daily organic meals.
Under the Nile uses NOP certified cotton.
- Implemented by United States Department of Agriculture, NOP certification ensures our cotton is held to the highest standards.
- The National Organic Program (NOP) regulates all of our cotton fibers as organic in planting, fertilizing, and handling methods.
- NOP verifies that irradiation, sewage, synthetic fertilizers, prohibited pesticides, and genetically modified organisms are NOT used on our cotton crops.
- The criteria and guidelines for NOP can be found here: www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/nop
Read on about: